Thursday, January 12, 2012

Prepping for FNM (real one this time)

So tonight Rony and I sleeve up again for battle. He's taking a burning vengeance deck, which'll be interesting, while I'm still piloting blue/white. To date I'd have to say the fun is quite high, but that's because I feel like I'm doing things at every point in the game. Key culprit of fun there is Solemn Simulacrum, who's apparently not all that good because he only accelerates into something big/game ending, which apparently I don't have.

I have got the Wurms and Sphinx's, which I imagine count, but the deck still wants more tweaks. I'm moving the Day of Judgment duo to the main board, and bringing in some Vapor Snags with an Unsummon. The deck really wants to interact with the opponent's things more, and O Ring while great isn't cheap enough to remove their threat and then lay down my own. Paying U on top of a threat works well, and it would've made my game 1 round 1 yesterday a lot easier, as I desperately dug for (and found, hoo yeah) any removal to get a Birds of Paradise outta the sky. And I know Dismember came only cost 1 and is permanent, but I don't like the life cost, esp if I'm looking for cheap answers against the red/white aggro decks.

Steel Sabotage would have reset one thing yesterday had I drawn it, the red Shrine's of my round 4 opponent's. Apart from that, it wasn't used.

For some inspiration I reread this article by LSV, where he's running an Esper coloured deck. No I'm not running black, but the similarities are undeniable.

http://www.channelfireball.com/home/running-the-gauntlet-esper-daily-event-1/

See that Volition Reins in the side? Elesh? Elspeth? Basically it's a more honed version of my own deck, plus black. On that note, I do wonder if I find myself getting bored with just blue/white and wanting to expand into black, or ditching white entirely for black. A major culprit of that is of course the upcoming Sorin's Awesomeness card. Haven't seen it?

http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/dka/9xh27x1cck_en.jpg

That's right. Black white tokens hurrah! Buy up now.

Before I get on with the list I'm sporting tonight, I did a pile shuffle yesterday and found one extra card. So yesterday I was running 61 main, 15 sideboard. Silly Fox!

Also, forget the Snags.

8 Island
7 Plains
4 Seachrome Coast
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Ghost Quarter
---
25 lands

4 Hero of Bladehold
2 Wurmcoil Engine
2 Mirran Crusader
2 Phantasmal Image
2 Consecrated Sphinx
---
12 creatures

4 Mana Leak
4 Ponder
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Timely Reinforcements
3 Dissipate
2 Day of Judgment
1 Gideon Joura
1 Elspeth Tirel
---
23 others



4 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Ghost Quarter
2 Vapor Snag
2 Dismember
2 Steel Sabotage
1 Venser, the Sojourner
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Jace Memory Adept
---
15 sideboard


This build has more land with Ghost Quarters in the main and 2 in the sideboard for Kessig match up, as well as 2 Vapor's/2 Dismembers split. I'll let you know how I go.

Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment